We work with a number of leading venture capital investment advisers, providing streamlined fund management services using our 60 years’ combined industry experience and digitally enabled infrastructure.
Kin Capital Fund Management offers a full service fund management solution to investment advisers, including advice and approval of fund management documentation, review of investment adviser due diligence process, investment committee representation, investment deployment, investor reporting and fund accounting and administration services.
Using our deep industry knowledge and experience, we provide an end-to-end range of fund management solutions to our clients – both big and small. See below for a summary of our services, but get in touch if you’d like to find out about a tailored solution.
- Daily, weekly and monthly Net asset Value (NAV) calculation
- Fund income and distribution reporting
- Financial reporting, accounts preparation and audit liaison
- Opening and control of Fund bank accounts including collection and payment services
- Daily, weekly and monthly reconciliations
- Accounting services; maintenance and filing of the Fund’s financial books and records
- Preparation of reports to shareholders including portfolio valuations
- Preparation and filing of FCA filings/reports
- Calculation of the total returns and other performance measures of the Fund Compliance and anti-money laundering monitoring and reporting
- Supervision of the orderly liquidation and dissolution of the Fund (if required)
- Marketing and Distribution
- Risk Management
- Applications and Variations of Permissions
- Ongoing Compliance Services
- Advice on investment objectives of the Fund
- Review due diligence prepared by the investment adviser
- Attend and participate in Investment Committee Meetings
- Approve investments and authorise deployments from the Fund
- Monitor investments on an ongoing basis
- Advise the Investment Adviser on Exits and liaise with Professional Advisers
As we are FCA regulated, our business can act as Principal, working with Appointed Representatives (AR) and enabling the AR to carry out regulated activities under our supervision. An Appointed Representative is a person or firm who conducts certain regulated activities through a firm that is directly authorised with the FCA. This firm is known as the AR’s ‘Principal’.
Becoming an AR can be an efficient solution if you need to get your business up and running quickly. Being an AR allows you to conduct certain regulated activities, without needing to navigate the full FCA application process and tie up capital for regulatory purposes. The main advantages of this route are that it is quicker than a direct authorisation, you will have independent oversight of your activities via the Principal firm and you are not subject to a fixed capital requirement.
If you are interested in learning more about becoming an appointed representative, get in touch with our Fund Management team. We’d love to hear more about your business and how we can help.