MD Kirsty Bell has acquired Goldfinch Entertainment
Having launched in 2014, Kin Capital client Goldfinch Entertainment has raised and deployed more than £60m over the last 3 years into a broad slate of media & entertainment businesses. Under Kirsty’s guidance and with the support of her team, the company has made numerous EIS and SEIS investments into projects including Burn Burn Burn, My Feral Heart, Hector, Broken, The Carer and The Eichmann Show. Goldfinch will continue to act as adviser to the Goldfinch SEIS Fund and to work closely with specialist accountancy firm Nyman Libson Paul (NLP).
We think this is positive for SEIS investors and their advisers in multiple ways, but particularly:
- NLP will continue to provide over 80 years of experience to the Goldfinch SEIS fund
- Goldfinch will continue to select the best, independent and commercially focused projects
- It allows Goldfinch to grow more rapidly and build on the £60m raised to date
- Goldfinch will be able to offer further production, editing and sales & distribution expertise
- Goldfinch will continue to push into the other entertainment sectors (TV and Video Games)
The first Goldfinch SEIS deals are due to be exited next year and all are performing at or above their target returns (c. £1.25 per £1 invested excluding tax relief).
The Goldfinch SEIS Fund remains open for investment, having made it’s first tranche of SEIS investments in April 2016.
Please note Kin is unable to give taxation or financial advice and strongly recommends private investors speak with a suitably qualified independent financial adviser. Your capital is at risk and all our products are long term, high risk investments. They will not be suitable for all investors. The level of tax relief received depends on individual circumstances and may be withdrawn at a later date.